Pend Oreille County Fire Protection
District No. 2
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the
Board of Commissioners on August 23, 2004
Meeting called to order by Chairman Rick
Stone at 10:02 at the Administrative Office. Present were:
Commissioners Stone and Norton, District Operations Chief Doughty and
Administrative Assistant Rumelhart.
Guests or Public Appearances:
- The outstanding bills were reviewed
and Commissioner Norton moved that the following vouchers are approved
Commissioner Stone seconded the motion. The motion passed 2-0.
- General Fund (646-002-010)
- Vouchers numbers: FD04-072 through FD04-077, totaling
- Rescue Fund (646-002-020)
- Vouchers numbers: RD04-187 through RD04-207, totaling
- Payroll warrant number 43278 through 43282, totaling
- The certified mail sent to Mike Miller
and Colleen Miller on July 23, 2004 was returned undelivered
- Administrative Assistant
- As of July 31, 2004 the General Fund
has a balance of $6,532.26, the General Fund Investment Pool has a
balance of $21,000.00, the Rescue Fund has a balance of $2,041.51, and
the Rescue Fund Investment Pool has a balance of $40,000.00, the
Building Fund has a balance of $27.30, and the Building Fund Investment
Pool has a balance of $3,700.00.
- Commissioner Stone
- Riveredge Estates Station –
Commissioner Stone has talked to pole building builders and it was
suggested that the District may save money by purchasing a kit building
and erecting it with volunteer labor.
- Commissioner Layton
- Commissioner Norton
- Chief Report (Chief Pollock was
investigating an arson caused fire so Commissioner Stone relayed the
- Medic 247 – Fire District #8 wants
Medic 247, so Chief Pollock is working on transferring the title to
- Ladder 20 – Newport City Fire Department has expressed
interest in purchasing Ladder for the amount due to North Highland Fire
District. Commissioner Stone will contact North Highland to see if they
would renegotiate the contract with Newport Fire Department.
- Taylor Bowman – The Town of Ione is not sponsoring Taylor
Bowman for the fire academy, therefore as previously moved at the
August 9, 2004 meeting, the Fire District will sponsor him.
- Long Distance – In order to keep long distance costs down
the long distance at the stations will be blocked and calling cards
will be used.
- Wallis Claim – The District has still
not received a copy of the release.
- Pager Repeater – Still no response from the PUD.
- Paramedic Employment – After a discussion on health care
options for both District employees, Commissioner Norton moved that
Paramedic Doughty be added to the Washington Fire Commissioners health
plan. Commissioner Stone seconded the motion. The motion passed 2-0.
- Paramedic Employment, part 2 – A draft job description for
District Operations Chief was reviewed.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:30. The next
meeting will be the regular meeting at 7:00 PM on Monday September 13th
at the Administrative Office.
- Responder Letter – Commissioner Stone
is working on a letter to all District responders asking them to commit
to participating or they will be dropped on January 1, 2005.
- Ambulance Fire Response Policy – A policy for ambulance
responses to fire was reviewed. Commissioner Norton moved the ambulance
fire response policy be approved. Commissioner seconded the motion. The
motion passed 2-0.
- AED – The grants for an AED have fallen through, so
Hospital District #2 will be approached for purchasing help.
/s/ John Rumelhart, Clerk of the Board