June 18, 2002
Pend Oreille County Fire Protection District No. 2
Regular meeting called to order by Acting Chairman Dave Hubert at 1830 at Administrative Office, Metaline Falls, WA
Present were: Commissioners Dave Hubert and Roy Layton, Administrative Assistant John Rumelhart and Mike Cress.
Commissioner Hubert moved that the preliminary agenda be approved. The motion was approved unanimously.
Commissioner Layton moved that the May 21, 2002 meeting minutes be approved as sent. The motion was approved unanimously.
Commissioner Hubert moved that all outstanding bills be paid. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Administrative Assistant
- In May 2002 there were 13 ambulance runs with 8 transports. Total billing was $7,776.00.
- As of May 31, 2002 the General Fund has a balance of $16,869.82, the General Fund Investment Pool has $260.42, the Rescue Fund has a balance of $9,501.88 and the Rescue Fund Investment Pool has $25,636.58.
- Fire Commissioner
- Rescue Commissioner
- Seattle City Light Contract - Nothing to Report.
- HazMat Response Vehicle - Nothing to Report.
- EMS District - Nothing to Report.
- Administrative Commissioner
- Riley Creek Land - Nothing to Report.
- Station 24 - Nothing to Report.
- Station Cleaning - Tabled until next meeting.
- Oxygen Bottle Lifter - Nothing to Report.
- Newport Ambulance Medicare MOU - A draft proposal from Newport Ambulance was reviewed. After some discussion a counter proposal was drafted and will be sent to Newport Ambulance.
Executive Session - An executive session was held to between 2010 and 2015 to discuss personal issues.
- Mike Cress - Mike Cress discussed with the Board his concerns about the lack of a Fire Station in the Riveredge Estates area. The Board gave him permission to help recruit responders for the new station and to help get the construction of the Station moving.
- Surplus 6x6 - Tabled until next meeting.
- Station 22 Med Cabinet - The purchase of a new cabinet to secure pharmaceuticals was discussed and approved unanimously.
- Change of Meeting Date - Commissioner Layton moved that the Commissioner Meetings be moved back to the second Monday of the month at 6:30pm. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Verizon Bill - The latest cell phone bills were reviewed and discussed.
The Next Meeting Agenda was discussed.
Meeting adjourned at 2020, next meeting July 8, 2002 at the administrative office.
/s/ John Rumelhart, Clerk of the Board